5 Austin Restaurants and Bars with pure Texas vibes.
Posted March 21, 2015
5. The Lost Well, East Austin – A great local Texas dive bar. Don’t expect toilet paper in the toilet, or lime in your soda – The Lost Well is a dive bar in the truest sense, but that’s why we love it. If you want a quiet bar to post up at away from E 6th, and maybe even some live music, then this is your spot.
4. Lambert’s, Downtown – It’s a tale of two floors with Lambert’s – on the bottom floor you have the tasty, top-end barbecue fair served in a modern rustic setting, while upstairs you’ll find touring and local acts rocking out.
3. Freedmen’s, UT – Freedman’s is a gem in North Austin. The lovely wooden bar dates back to the 1890s and is worth a visit alone. There’s a patio out front which is ideal for chilling with friends on a hot summer’s evening, while the BBQ brings a crowd from all over. They have a good selection of draught beer, while their cocktail game is on-point.
2. Mean Eyed Cat, Downtown – Much loved Austin live music spot and watering hole with an authentic, local vibe and a Stubb’s BBQ pop-up in the back.
1. Ginny’s Little Longhorn Saloon, Allandale – Famous honky tonk in North Austin serving up beer, wine and authentic Texas vibes. A favorite spot of Austin band Delta Spirit.