1. Crown Victoria Bar, South Williamsburg – Housed in a former police car repair shop, Crown Victoria Bar and Gardens offers 24 craft beers on tap, a full kitchen, front patio and huge backyard and event space – complete with everything from ping-pong to bocce.
2. Northern Territory, Greenpoint – Named after Australia’s topmost tip, this brick-walled Down Under pub features hand-painted murals from Bushwick street artists, exposed brick and a large lofty dining area. But the absolute hero is the large rooftop space with a sprawling panorama of the Manhattan skyline – perfect for summer boozing.
3. Night of Joy Bar, Williamsburg – Having a rooftop bar right near the BQE sounds a little disheartening, but you wouldn’t even know it at Night Of Joy. It’s decorated with a gorgeous bar, hanging lights and enough plants to transport you to a little garden paradise.
4. The Ides at Wythe, Williamsburg – A must for tourists and locals alike, the Ides at Wythe has undoubtedly the best rooftop views in Brooklyn. Come for a casual afternoon cocktail and snack, or dress to the nines and enjoy some classy cocktails amongst classy people on the roof by night.
5. Huckleberry Bar, Williamsburg – The vibes are classy, yet casual – grab a small food plate to nibble while sampling the craft cocktail list. Huckleberry Bar boasts an outdoor patio area, which is perfect in the warmer months, and the music is always on-point.
6. The Woods, South Williamsburg – The awesome outdoors space at the back attracts a crowd over the entire weekend, and some weeknights too, with its lively ambience and late night DJs. Good for $6 Tecates with a shot, frozen cocktails and subsequent dancing, or boozy chatter in the back.
7. One Last Shag, Bed-Stuy – This little railroad style bar may be small in size, but certainly not in party vibes! Open till 4am every night, it’s a well known local hangout.But the outdoor patio is definitely One Last Shag’s cheeriest feature.