Freddie Cowan from The Vaccines lists NY’s finest eats.
Posted May 18, 2015
5. Lucien, East Village – This gorgeous little bistro in the East Village is brimming with class, comfort, familiarity and flair. The French style menu doesn’t stray too far from the classics – think steak frites, moules marinieres and tart tatin.
4. GG’s, East Village – While pizza is obviously the hero, the meatballs are delicious and the sides creative. Think dandelion salad with walnuts and brown butter.
3. Omen, Soho – A classy Japanese spot in Soho, with serene jazz vibes and fine Kyoto-style hot dishes plus sashimi.
2. Kyo Ya, East Village – To enter, you need to descend a dodgy looking flight of concrete stairs before you realise you are in face in the right place – a glorious oriental haven decked out somewhat like a fancy onsen. The food is out of this world too – think grilled anago sea eel and yuba with gobo sauce.
1. Cafe Mogador, East Village – With view of the cosmopolitan East Village scenery and some seriously delicious Moroccan and Mediterranean cuisine, there is no wonder as to why this place is a local landmark.