1. Zizi Limona, Williamsburg – We aren’t suggesting Zizi’s just because they have a super cheap brunch special ok… But they do! A trio of middle-eastern dips and pita, plus a main, for $13! Their full bar also has any of your beverage ‘requirements’ covered.
2. Allswell, Williamsburg – The fluid menu at this local gastropub changes daily, but you can always expect a delicious seasonal frittata and a gut-busting sandwich. Make sure you get your momma a Cowboy Coffee – bourbon mixed with coffee and ice-cream.
3. Roberta’s, Bushwick – Pizza for brunch you ask? It doesn’t count when it’s served at the Michelin-starred pizza joint favored by Bill and Hillary Clinton. Just add an egg to any of their artisanal pies and you’ll feel better about it. The wait will be a while, but you can always while away the time with drinks in the adjacent tiki tent bar.
4. Five Leaves, Greenpoint – These guys use the finest sustainable ingredients, which makes for a delicious meal at any time of the day and is sure to impress your mom. Sit outside, lap up the springtime bliss and gaze upon McCarren Park.
5. Cafe Mogador, Williamsburg – Exposed brick, rustic beams and Middle-Eastern mosaic tiling immediately transport you into a Turkish Bazaar, but the enclosed back garden is the venue’s true champion. With a bunch of delicious, freshly cooked Moroccan and Mediterranean specialties, ordering is no easy feat.
6. Jacob’s Pickles, Upper West Side – If your ma hates pickles, definitely don’t bring her here. But if she loves rustic burgers and Bloody Mary’s (like all top gals should), get her in here stat!
7. Jack’s Wife Frieda, Soho – One of our favorites for any meal, this spot is exactly where you want to nestle yourself on delicious family brunch. The Mediterranean breakfast with two eggs, salad, avocado, and pita has your moms name all over it. For you? The cantaloupe mimosa of course.
8. Extra Fancy, Williamsburg – With a name like Extra Fancy, need we say more? Their epic brunch starts at noon, so you have an excuse to sleep in before buying your mom some delectable apple, cinnamon, pecan rolls.